Lately, I’ve had a rash of Lenovo N22 Chromebooks that would lose their G Suite Admin Console enrollment. Re-enrollment wasn’t sticking and the next update would make them lose their enrollment.
To solve this, a full device factory reset is needed. Follow this process:
- Turn off the Chromebook. Shutdown or long holding Power are both fine.
- Press and hold Escape, Refresh, and Power for 3 seconds. Let go.
- It will come up to a screen with a yellow exclamation. Press CTRL + D.
- It will tell you to press Enter to turn OS verification off. Press Enter.
- It will restart with a red exclamation. Press CTRL + D again.
- It will transition to Developer Mode. This can take 5-10 minutes.
- At the next bootup, it will tell you that it is going to start in Developer Mode and to press Space to turn OS verification back on. Press Space then Enter.
- It will transition back to Verified mode, this will take a minute or two.
- It will boot to the Welcome screen. Connect it to the wireless and enroll it with CTRL + E.
You’re done! Now your Chromebooks shouldn’t ask for Wi-Fi credentials on bootup as if they weren’t enrolled.